Tuesday 25 December 2007

Starting Trouble...

Looking at some of my older pictures, it made me realize what a non-camera person I am. I didn't know much about cameras and photography to begin with and then to top it up, I married someone who is even less interested in taking pictures. One thing about my wife though, she loves being photographed.

I bought my first decent digital camera (okay it was on a free offer with something else) just about the time i got married. We have been snapping away our trips with that camera but one thing that annoyed me time and again was the fact that I hated the crap 3x optical zoom on the camera.

This time around I decided to change that and bought the Ricoh R7. Its still a compact but packs in a good 8.1 MP and a 7x Optical zoom on top of it. In addition to the 7x Optical zoom, it has an additional 4x Digital zoom. So, I am hoping I would now be able to bring those distant things closer. Overall, it seems to take great pictures even in bad light and the anti-shake system is great for an amateur like me.

I am hoping to use this blog to post any entries from my trips and hopefully some decent pictures along with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so you guys finally picked up the cam!!! all the 7x and 4x sounds like algebra to me but hope we get to see some good shots of Switzerland!!!